JL Transom Remote

I was actually pretty excited about this option for the 21's. We usually start the boating day with swimming and lounging off the transom, so I paid the $350 for this option knowing it would get a fair amount of use.

However, I read (or saw on a Youtube video) that the JL transom remote doesn't allow you to skip songs when streaming via bluetooth (We use Spotify). Supposedly when streaming via BT, the JL transom remote can only control volume (it can switch sources and control tracks when listening to other types of media I guess). That doesn't seem right to me, as in.... I can't fathom it not being able to do that. The main reason I want the thing is to easily skip a song that sucks (or is inappropriate with small kids) on the fly.  I was just wondering if anyone had any real world experience with the JL transom remote and can debunk this rumor.

I would head to TBS and test it out, but I don't believe they have any boats with the transom remote option installed as it's fairly new.  I'll call over there and make an inquiry if I don't hear anything on the forum. If it turns out I can't switch spotify tracks with the rear puck, I'll probably just cancel that option and save a few bucks to go toward a new board.

just make sure your playlist is fire!!!!

That does seem odd. But kind of an out dated feature IMO since most phones now of days are blue toothing there music and they are water proof anyway. 

there is a post on here about somebody buying a cheap stick on adapter that ties in with your phone via bluetooth to control your music. And reported it worked great. Might be a better choice for you 

8 minutes ago, bloodiestcadaver said:

just make sure your playlist is fire!!!!

That does seem odd. But kind of an out dated feature IMO since most phones now of days are blue toothing there music and they are water proof anyway. 

there is a post on here about somebody buying a cheap stick on adapter that ties in with your phone via bluetooth to control your music. And reported it worked great. Might be a better choice for you 

I'll check it out. Could be that "fusion puck" I keep hearing about.  I'd like to keep the transom remote and don't mind paying the 300 bucks for it...but it's gotta change tracks. I'll ask around some other forums that have had JL as an OEM for awhile. You would think a quick firmware update could solve the issue if it is legit. 

1 hour ago, bloodiestcadaver said:

I need to know more about this stick...I hate not being able to skip songs from the back of the boat!!

1 hour ago, Wylietunes said:

Which remote is the OEM option? Knowing this, id call JL and aske them how their remote works. 

The Fusion unit only works with Fusion media units, and only a select few. 

I'm assuming it's this one. It's the only one on JL's website. It's got all the right buttons and lights..weird.  The video I saw was a comparison between the ATX 24 and MB and it recommended not equipping the MB with the transom remote because of the reasons previously stated 

MMR-20-BE-SOF.jpg

40 minutes ago, Guppydriver said:

I'm assuming it's this one. It's the only one on JL's website. It's got all the right buttons and lights..weird.  The video I saw was a comparison between the ATX 24 and MB and it recommended not equipping the MB with the transom remote because of the reasons previously stated 

MMR-20-BE-SOF.jpg

I think they offer 2 https://www.jlaudio.com/collections/marine-audio-source-units-mediamaster/products/mediamaster-mmr-40-marine-audio-remote-controller-99910

16 hours ago, schill38 said:

I need to know more about this stick...I hate not being able to skip songs from the back of the boat!!

Keep in mind it was used with the exile controller. I don't see it being an issue with other brands. It looks really too simple to not work with any 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085BYDHG9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_-X4HEbQW02MDP

• 5 weeks later...