2013 changes and 24 Tomcat info?

Smitty1258

How about your local dealer' date=' have you tired them yet for info? UT dealer www.reboatsutah.com sold one at the boat show. You could always try them to see if they have more detailed info.[/quote']

For sure there is a new tower. Local dealer knows about as much as the rest of us. Info seems to be pretty tight lipped. I have reached out to Mike today to see what kind of info I can share with everyone.

Only reason Im asking these questions is because I am on the verge of buying either one. So many questions left unanswered about both boats.

I've seen the new tower for the 24. It's close to the renderings but in true MB fashion' date=' it's all in the details. It will function very, very well, among the best out there.[/quote']

Aside from style is there any advantage to a forward swept single mounting point tower? I'm coming from a Malibu illusion tower, and there are definitely some disadvantages.

The first 24 proto is built and hit the water this week. The MB folks are pretty jazzed about it.

I have photos of the 24 and will post if MB says OK - the red/silver/white proto looks great!

The tower is easily lowered/raised with one hand. See attached video.

edit: .MOV file won't attach - I'll post if someone can tell me how to attach a vid

Ok girls here is the info I got from mike today. Nothing earth shattering and nothing was confidential.

24ft tomcat expect to pay ~75k. Ballast still runs to the windshield and no further. Tower is sweet. Rev 10s, 6 liter standard most likely, testing of how the 343 will perform will be done just to see. Bimini will be big and really nice when folded. Wake will be very 23twb ish. Loads of storage and overall just a great boat. Hopefully we will all get to see photos soon. 15+ have been ordered so far and if I was to order one I would be looking at June delivery.

2013 twb changes.

Deeper driver footwell, observer hatch change,rear hatch change,rev 10s as option, maybe a possibility of the forward facing tower still nothing cement on that, and inmar motors. No set date as to when 2013s will start getting made.

Overall not a big change over 2012 other than motor, get your 2012s ordered now!

Please take everything I said with a grain of salt as I may of mis understood all of it or was not supposed to talk about it, or I dreamt the whole thing up.

The first 24 proto is built and hit the water this week. The MB folks are pretty jazzed about it.

I have photos of the 24 and will post if MB says OK - the red/silver/white proto looks great!

The tower is easily lowered/raised with one hand. See attached video.

edit: .MOV file won't attach - I'll post if someone can tell me how to attach a vid

Best bet is to add it to youtube or change the format possibly. I have never tried to add a video to this site, but maybe it needs to be .mpg or something similar. Youtube might be the best idea. Possibly you could add it as an attachment.

Nice...

Hopefully, they'll offer different spring rates for those gas springs. Once you add some Rev10s, bimini, lights, and racks, it's not gonna go back up that easy.

Still concerned about the rope hanging up on the racks, but the two point tower is definitely the way to go.

Things I like about a two point tower

-Aesthetics-Could make many subpoints under this one

-The Ease of folding with gas assisted shocks

Things I don't like about the two point tower

-Mointing point can cut driver off from person in lake

-Generally less head room

-Tower speakers more forward in the boat=Deafness for more passengers when the tower speakers are turned up.

-Seems like everyboat now has them so they are no longer unique

-Most need custom brackets for mounting accessories

As far as the deeper footwell for 2013 I would be willing to take delivery of my boat a month later to have that change. I find the dash too close to my knees as I like to sit a little closer to the steering wheel than most.

Sure hope the pull point is behind the racks.

I love my MB but look forward to the following improvements in my next MB.

1) two point tower

- that continues to be tall and support a large bimini

2) better racks

- no wobble and better bungie attachment or no bungie

3) three peice sundeck

- no finger slamming gullwings

4) improved noise

- less hearing the engine

5) improved vibration

- less feeling the engine

6) bow balast

- fills when underway through a scupper (no pumps)