Giant Bimini - Arizona Edition

So, I dropped the boat off today at a custom bimini top place. I am having an extra large bimini made for the F21. I am seriously nervous and have to wait 2-3 days before it gets done. I have never used this guy but couldn't get a hold of the guy that made my last one. Hopefully this doesn't get ugly. Here is the guys site. I will let everyone know how it turns out in the next couple of days...

http://www.ensdesignstudios.com/B/AZ_Boat_Tops/Portfolio/Pages/Bimini_Tops_1.html

So I just got a call from the guy that is doing the bimini and has my boat. He told me when I dropped it off that he would have it done in 3 days. Or my exact question to him was how long would it take if I left it here today - answer 3 days. He now says he just got the material in today and will be done with it by mid next week. Strike 1. I really wish I could just find someone that did quality work and do what they say. Just once that would be a nice change. Now I have to worry all weekend that my boat is on the lake with this guy behind the wheel. Anyone sees my boat, please post. I am only half kidding ;)

Well, it finally got done. I think I am going to see if they can lower the second bar from the front a little as it sticks up a little. The guy at Arizona Boat Tops is an idiot. Sorry for the harsh words, but I have dealt with him and can make that statement with facts to back it up. He did not listen to anything I said other than colors. I wanted the bimini's to be easy to put up and down and to fold up and ride tied up. They do, but you have to flip the front one around and put the back one in different holes. Takes two people and that is not what I wanted (wanted the wife to get the kids ready while I got the bimini up). The thing is ridiculously complicated to put up (I have only taken it down one time). I am disappointed in the complicated nature and the experience dealing with these guys, but it looks decent and will function properly so I am not going to trash it or anything. All in all, once I forget about the place it got done and I get used to putting it up and down I will be happier. These pictures are when I picked it up yesterday. The front on picture looks like the bimini is crooked, but it just needed a little more pull on the left side and that straightened it up. I didn't get any pictures of it after we did that. I will get a few pictures of it on Sunday. I will be replacing the black straps with white ones as well.

post-25983-136407189017_thumb.jpg

post-25983-136407189025_thumb.jpg

Wow... that thing is huge!

not really my thing but to each his own B)

Hope you have the wake plate option to keep from lifting off!

The color match looks great though...

I really like the color scheme you picked out for the whole boat..

very unique and clean looking

Aesthetics and the validity of the stated purpose aside' date=' that's a serious impact on headroom.

Why didn't the canvas monkeys run it above the tower, like the stock bimini?[/quote']

I really didn't notice it being lower. It looks like it is probably 6-8 inches lower than stock, but I am only 5'6" so that it doesn't really bother me. I kept the stock one for when I sell the boat.

I got a picture with my front bimini down. My wife and I were able to play around getting the bimini up and down. Turns out it wasn't as hard to get up as I thought. I like the larger bimini. I think the front one will grow on me. I still haven't adjusted the front one yet...

post-25983-136407189069_thumb.jpg