New to the site 13 F21

jago bay posse

13 hours ago, The Donfather said:

If you are on Facebook join this page linked below.   There is a lot more action going on over there.

MB Boat Owners

https://www.facebook.com/groups/303683123120678

Bums me out that most message boards are going to FB. I am the one guy left on the planet that doesn't have a FB account. I refuse to feed that beast...not a fan of social media and making myself a commodity to be sold to the highest bidder.  I get the ease and attraction tho...not judging...just not for me.

I am also on the facebook group but prefer the forum for posting and sharing info. The ski Centurion forum helped me out a lot and i met some good people too. Those same people have giving me some major shit when a bought an MB but i couldnt pass it up.    thanks for the pic fix Donfather

On 12/23/2020 at 8:40 PM, Guppydriver said:

Bums me out that most message boards are going to FB. I am the one guy left on the planet that doesn't have a FB account. I refuse to feed that beast...not a fan of social media and making myself a commodity to be sold to the highest bidder.  I get the ease and attraction tho...not judging...just not for me.

Yes I understand your point of view.  

For example although. I posted Merry Christmas on this forum.  I got 1 response.   I did the same on FB there was 162 like and 62 comments. The FB page gets way more traffic than here. 

I try to post on both for all the important stuff like Meetups etc.  Hoping this year meetup will be more public and larger than last year. We kept it small and only had 106 show up.

23 hours ago, oboyskibum said:

For me Facebook is typically for impersonal junk and stuff I don't expect a meaningful, honest response from(if i get one i am pleasantly surprised). I think the real in-depth conversation with substance typically happen on forums like this.

I agree. 

• 5 months later...
On 12/23/2020 at 8:29 AM, The Donfather said:

I am Back!!

Fixed

2.jpg.352e9bd49ff209992870f78251299311.jpg1.jpg.f00e9860eabad69459ac73fb67b72e90.jpg

Nice boat!! 

We just recently purchased same boat (but green), minus the wake plates. How are you finding the wake? What is your setup when surfing? Did you add extra ballast bags?

Jago Bay, welcome aboard. I have that exact same boat/yr model and love it. With that being said 3 common issues u should be aware of.

1) the welds on that tower have been known to crack and tower falls apart. (that is not hyperbole, it falls apart!) Maybe have rewelded and add gussets to top corners.

2) Motor mounts, they had a bad run or something and they fail allowing engine/shaft to become un aligned. Have checked/replaced. (Maybe already done?)

3) change the damn drain master hard tank ballast gates to Valterra. Drain master gates fail frequently and always in the middle of a spectacular day or week at the lake. You will need the flexibility of an Olympic gymnast to switch them but the end result is reliability!

Enjoy the boat and this forum. FB maybe more traffic but the interface and search ability much better here

kenny