Mounting older Wetsounds speakers on the new MB tower

30 minutes ago, oboyskibum said:

I know this is blasphemous for some but I was thinking about mixing them in with the JL's.

Not blasphemous to mix brands, but i dont suggest mixing types. The 10" HLCD is going to totally dominate a smaller 8" dome tweeter coaxial. To the point of almost not being worth the battery juice to power the amp for the coaxials. 

8 hours ago, Wylietunes said:

Not blasphemous to mix brands, but i dont suggest mixing types. The 10" HLCD is going to totally dominate a smaller 8" dome tweeter coaxial. To the point of almost not being worth the battery juice to power the amp for the coaxials. 

I agree.

16 hours ago, oboyskibum said:

The JL's are clean speakers but personally I love the wetsounds. I guess its just the 80's rocker in me that loves the Rev10's.  Maybe I should install the rev10's to the roll bar on my 69 bronco it needs a stereo upgrade.

Dont misunderstand my post. Im not say dont mount the rev-10, I just would not run them next to an 8" coaxial. You will hardly know the smaller speaker is there. Id pull the existing coaxials and go with just the larger 10" HLCD. 

@Wylietunes I completely got your point and agree the Rev 10 will over power the JL std. coaxial. Just replacing the JLs may not go over with the wife, but I like your thinking. I might consider selling the JL's and get a second set of Rev 10's, (4) rev 10s would be sweet.

I have been thinking about throwing some tower speaker in the bronco for top off cruising.