Space between strut and Prop?

Hi MB!

log time lurker, first time posting. I tried searching but couldn't find much on the topic. 

I'm trying to get in contact with MB to see what the manufacturer spec is for the proper space between the strut and the prop. Does anyone know what is acceptable?

Issue: I have a 2018 b52 23 with about 150hours on the clock and noticed that the strut had mushroomed out due to the prop driving itself into the strut. When I notice the issue, the space is about 1/4" (or roughly 7mm).

Result: Took the boat back to the dealer who replaced the strut and said the issue was due to loose bolts on the motor causing the motor to shift toward the bow bringing the back of the prop in contact with the back of the strut. They tightened everything down too. 

I went back to the dealer to pick up my boat (after 3 months) and noticed the gap had not changed but they installed the prop and key incorrectly causing the key to cut into the strut once again. So now I'm back to square one while the dealer reassesses the damage they caused while testing. 

I'm concerned for future long term use of the boat in fear that the strut could get jeopardized and damage the prop/prop shaft/etc. 

Note: when I was at the dealer, I used my calipers and measure 3 other MBs (b52 23, b52 alpha, 22 tomcat) and they all measured within .1mm within each other at about 14.7mm.

Is my 7mm acceptable by MB standards? 

• 4 months later...

I had the exact problem. The dealer had to replace the engine mounts this winter and also the strut, bearings etc.  Once that shaft comes out of alignment, there are all kinds of issues. Apparently some of the 2018 boats still had the old style mounts... which MB is aware of the failures. All warranty, but still a pain in the ass. 

• 3 weeks later...