B52 23 Alpha build

MXGUY741

Nice looking design , super clean look to it, is the factory sending out photographs of the build as it develops? Or is this something your dealer sent you? That’s really awesome to see that taking place. Keep us posted, super exciting to see it come together. Once they start on the project what do you think the timeframe is, I’m just talking the factory build.

13 hours ago, Moto1 said:

Nice looking design , super clean look to it, is the factory sending out photographs of the build as it develops? Or is this something your dealer sent you? That’s really awesome to see that taking place. Keep us posted, super exciting to see it come together. Once they start on the project what do you think the timeframe is, I’m just talking the factory build.

I went down their a few years ago on our last boat, so I just called and talked to guy I talked to then.   I’m not sure on how long the process takes.

are you having one built?

Yes, on having one built, we are told it should be done around 1st week or second week of March.... Post your photos as you get them it’s fun to watch these go together, super excited!!

10 hours ago, MXGUY741 said:

I went down their a few years ago on our last boat, so I just called and talked to guy I talked to then.   I’m not sure on how long the process takes.

are you having one built?

I need a friend like that. I can’t wait until mine starts down the line.  A part of me would love to get photo updates of the boats assembly, but there is a part of me (I know...it sound childish) that just wants to wait and be surprised with my whole family once it is delivered. 

I’m a little nervous because I did my “B52 model logo” a different color than my “MB logo” on the side of the boat. My B52 will be white while the MB will be SF...I hope it doesn’t create an awkward white space, but I thought it was something different and pretty clean.

39 minutes ago, Guppydriver said:

I need a friend like that. I can’t wait until mine starts down the line.  A part of me would love to get photo updates of the boats assembly, but there is a part of me (I know...it sound childish) that just wants to wait and be surprised with my whole family once it is delivered. 

I’m a little nervous because I did my “B52 model logo” a different color than my “MB logo” on the side of the boat. My B52 will be white while the MB will be SF...I hope it doesn’t create an awkward white space, but I thought it was something different and pretty clean.

I’m not sure how that will look.  Could look great.  If it doesn’t you can always remove them all and get them powder coated same color locally.

11 hours ago, Guppydriver said:

The odd thing for me on these logos is it used to be that the MB was always at the back of the boat with the model being forward on the boat. On the Alphas they changed that. It reads MB B52 on both sides. That means if you did a B52 delete or color differences like you are saying, it will be forward on one side and toward the rear on the other side. I’m not a big fan of the asymmetrical design of this.  I would prefer the MB to be towards the rear on both sides. You might ask about that. 

3 hours ago, Hyperryd said:

The odd thing for me on these logos is it used to be that the MB was always at the back of the boat with the model being forward on the boat. On the Alphas they changed that. It reads MB B52 on both sides. That means if you did a B52 delete or color differences like you are saying, it will be forward on one side and toward the rear on the other side. I’m not a big fan of the asymmetrical design of this.  I would prefer the MB to be towards the rear on both sides. You might ask about that. 

Hmmm.  Didn’t really think about that.  This is the only picture I could find that did what I wanted by making the logo the same color as the hull. Of course mine is white, but this is kind of what I wanted.  But I get the asymmetry thing. 

302F53A3-1777-4ED0-9178-714FB01AED24.jpeg

1 hour ago, Guppydriver said:

Hmmm.  Didn’t really think about that.  This is the only picture I could find that did what I wanted by making the logo the same color as the hull. Of course mine is white, but this is kind of what I wanted.  But I get the asymmetry thing. 

I was confused on your post, but yea this looks great!

1 hour ago, Guppydriver said:

Now imagine the other side of the boat with the red MB in the front and the black MB in the rear. 

2B7F2394-4C17-48D6-B2E0-55FB722BF4C5.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hyperryd said:

Now imagine the other side of the boat with the red MB in the front and the black MB in the rear. 

2B7F2394-4C17-48D6-B2E0-55FB722BF4C5.jpeg

I see what you’re saying. Shoot. 

My biggest concern is that I am doing the “box striping” in sea foam and if the “B52” in white totally blends in with the hull, it might leave an awkward space. The black boat gets a way with a bit because there is no striping, so it doesn’t create a space in the box. 

Does  that make any sense ?

Here a good visual. The B52 logo would like exactly like this against the white hull. 

There would be the big box accent stripes (not pin stripes) in SF. The MB logo, bottom hull, swim platform, and exterior powder coating would all be SF. 

Maybe I should should play it safe and see if they can still do SF B52, it’s just with the alphas putting a space between the B and 52 (the classics didn’t), it seemed like a lot of real estate dedicated to words. 

F908674B-1E89-47C1-827D-E7F3A8362F1A.jpeg

I just wanted to point it out. I saw a B52 delete and the MB looked odd to me way up front by itself on the port side.  Just giving you whole new things to doubt your decisions about again. 😂 seriously it’s easier to change now rather than later. There is no wrong choice. 

20 hours ago, MXGUY741 said:

More pics!!!

D0DA0D43-DE1D-499F-A663-CE749F7D62E7.png

561D63B0-D8F0-4CF4-9ED0-D2774C50ADCB.png

1FDE0F7F-33B9-405C-AC3C-2343E2194639.png

28FA45D1-790B-4DCA-8F22-09FEE7EEBC95.png

Man! Gorgeous and classy!

So awesome, it would be cool to get pics throughout the process. Like @oboyskibumsaid in another thread, the ability to customize almost endlessly really sets this brand apart. Heck, my dealer even asked if I wanted to powder coat my exhaust and surf tabs. I kind of wish I would have lol. 

I came within a day of buying a Moomba (I thought MB's were more than I could afford) and became pretty active on their forum. As much as I love the Moombas, every boat that people are designing and getting delivered seem to look very similar.  Even the Supras kind of all look the same that people are building (not ragging ...its a bad ass boat). 

On 1/15/2021 at 10:42 PM, MXGUY741 said:

I would do them same color gumpy...  I think the back one pulls it off as the boat is all same color..

unless your really set on it, get what you like

Took your advice and went SF on both side logos, luckily I changed my mind in time. Thanks for all your help, I never even thought about the asymmetry issue that you and @Hyperrydbrought up. Better safe than sorry.