Is Ceramic Coating Worth It?

I’m wondering what your guys’ experience has been with ceramic coating?  Is it worth the significant cost and would you do it all over again? 
How much difference does it actually make with regards to time spent cleaning the boat?

I take delivery in April/May and am thinking about doing it although I don’t have bags of money.  There’s a place where I live that has a great reputation but it’s not cheap.  Right around 2.5k for a B52/Alpha and trailer. 

Just looking for individual opinions and experiences with ceramic coating. 

Thanks !! 

54 minutes ago, bloodiestcadaver said:

Never understood the value. Especially new boats. idk anybody who doesn't wipe down after every ride. Its quite effortless with alittle boat sauce. Just my two cents

I'm thinking it's a little on the rich side for my tastes. The people who sell it claim it cuts down on maintenance by 75%, but that seems a little on the optimistic side. 

Maybe if I had an all black hull and deck or something, but part of the reason we went white with light accents was to mitigate the effects of water spots. I'm probably better off putting that money toward Skylon racks or something.

14 hours ago, oboyskibum said:

I have really liked boat Juice for wipe down, you have to use a clean micro fiber towel or you can get a film but it looks great and contains ceramic sealants. I used boat boat bling and it works well. I am going to try some of the spray ceramic waxes when I get the new boat.

See i would be interested in a do it yourself spray.  I just don't see how the higher priced can last that long. I would worry you would get a BS excuse on why it would not be warrantied. 

I commented on a thread a while back in regards to ceramic coating. Most of the comments went negative real quick. Lots of people said it worked great for a year or so but it wore off and was the same as before. I'm just going to wipe it down with boat bling. Hopefully I like it better than babes boat juice, that crap is sticky and leaves streaks everywhere. 

• 4 weeks later...

On my 4th MB since 2009, I've never had an issue with my boat NOT looking good after multiple years. I have always done a good wipe down with tiny bit of vinegar, soap and water. Then an occasional babes boat wax spray down. This past season though I started using Flowgenix - spray on wipe off. The boat shines better than new water beads off, in fact I use it on my cars, trucks and motorcycles. Glass trim etc.... The shine is amazing, but it does not last very long depending on weather/water conditions.  Good thing the product goes a long way.

I can't see spending thousands on a pro application when I already take good care of stuff.  

• 2 weeks later...

I decided against professional ceramic coating. Primarily because my boat is white and like @mxvet I take car of my stuff on a regular basis. I'm going to try 303 graphene after a thorough wash and probably alternate that with turtle wax hybrid solutions ceramic spray. For routine care and maintenance inside and out, I'm going to try Hula Care Products. 

2.5K is a little too steep for me, I really contemplated it and if my boat was black or another dark color, I just may have done it. Instead I took 2k and upgraded my trailer wheels to 20's. I decided my boat will be too nice to be riding around on 15's.  

On 2/16/2021 at 4:04 PM, oboyskibum said:

I haven't used Babes, but Boat Bling hot sauce works good. I have noticed if you don't use a good clean micro fiber towel the Boat Juice Ceramic spray leave streaks, but I think I end up with a better shine with Boat Juice.

I used to use Babes Boat Bright. But I bought some Boat Bling Hot Sauce and will never go back.  But I still like the Babes Seat Soap for the vinyl.

2013 F-21 previously always garaged but now spends summers on boat lift. Meticulously maintained but still, finish starting to suffer. Dropped off today for the silver package from Ceramic Pro. (this is a national company that uses local detail shops) Will advise on results, immediate and long term. 

• 1 month later...

Had exterior, and interior done including the glass. The Boat now looks brand new, In the sun the Black actually sparkles. Could not be more impressed with the night/day difference. Time will tell on longevity but finish is guaranteed for 6yrs.

DC03E284-9DBA-4454-82BD-D45A1969072C.jpeg

46CACB28-7C4E-48C6-A1F5-2FE54A064BBB.jpeg