Third Time's a Charm - 2021 23' B52 Classic

Mikewoods

Ordered this boat last June for delivery this spring. Pretty basic build as this is our third new 23' B52 and we've figured out what we need (want) and what we don't.  Being at sea level we opted for the base 400 again. Options are 2 tube heater, heated drivers seat, stereo pack B, surf lights, and deluxe Boatmate trailer.  Gel and powder coat will be all Charcoal and interior will be Black over grey GatorStep with charcoal and black vinyl with red accents.  Should have the boat in about a month. 

2021 Charcoal.PNG

2021 MB 1.JPG

2021 MB 2.JPG

2020 MB 3.JPG

I was checking out some pics of some Malibu's being built on malibucrew the other day. Seeing these pictures really gives me a perspective of how "mom and pop" MB still is (even though they are producing quite a few boats now). I love the custom nature of how these boats are produced as opposed to the cookie cutter brands. 

10 hours ago, Guppydriver said:

I can't wait to see pics of the finished product! Congrats!! 

Any reason (other than cost) you stayed away from the Alpha with this purchase?

I'm hoping mine comes in late April as well...my first MB and V-Drive. 

Cost was a factor, but also we know the classic so well and the wave is insane. 

Just curious @Mikewoods....

Did your dealer procure those production photos for you or do you have other friends in low places ?  That would be cool to see my boat finally entering production.  Not that it’s a big deal. 

Also, once they “break ground” on a new boat, how long does it typically take start to finish? Just curious if anyone knows. I know the big boys can pump them out in under three weeks, I assume MB takes longer due to economy of scale. 

6 hours ago, Guppydriver said:

Did your dealer procure those production photos for you or do you have other friends in low places ?  That would be cool to see my boat finally entering production.  Not that it’s a big deal. 

Also, once they “break ground” on a new boat, how long does it typically take start to finish? Just curious if anyone knows. I know the big boys can pump them out in under three weeks, I assume MB takes longer due to economy of scale. 

I ordered mine in mid November and it was delivered last week. Also, tried to get photos of build, but........(crickets).  Oh well, at least I have the boat. 

11 hours ago, Pklakevet said:

I ordered mine in mid November and it was delivered last week. Also, tried to get photos of build, but........(crickets).  Oh well, at least I have the boat. 

Ummmmmm....

Where the hell are the pictures?!?!?!?! 🤪🤪

Congrats! 

On 3/12/2021 at 5:39 PM, Guppydriver said:

I know a guy! 😂 I was told it was 3-4 weeks from start to finish, but delivery timing depends n your dealer.

3 hours ago, bloodiestcadaver said:

ask Jason, he was able to get me pics last year. But it doesn't help, trust me lol. 

Bro,

After waiting this long, I think I just want to be surprised when we go see it for the first time. It's kind of like finding your Christmas presents as a kid before Christmas....I think I'll just wait for Santa. 

The only reason I thought pics would be cool is to potentially see any goofs between my order and actual build...I made so many damn changes, Jason @JDUB probably hates me..lmao...!!

42 minutes ago, Guppydriver said:

Bro,

After waiting this long, I think I just want to be surprised when we go see it for the first time. It's kind of like finding your Christmas presents as a kid before Christmas....I think I'll just wait for Santa. 

The only reason I thought pics would be cool is to potentially see any goofs between my order and actual build...I made so many damn changes, Jason @JDUB probably hates me..lmao...!!

Not too worry,

You are not the only indecisive, excited and picky customer they have to deal with. lol. I am sure they are used to it.