Insurance Recommendations?

Guppydriver

Well .....

I should be getting fairly close to delivery and I have to start thinking about how to insure my 23/A. My last boat was a 19ft sterndrive worth 20K so I just used Allstate agent because my other stuff is with them.  It wasn't that bad and we had minimal coverage because the boat wasn't worth a whole lot.  I've heard big companies like Allstate and State Farm can be uber expensive but I have nothing to compare them to.

Protection is more important to me than price believe it or not. I will be a new V-Drive skipper, so there will be a learning curve and I fully recognize that there will be increased damage threats during the first year as I get used to the boat. 

That being said, any good recommendations on insurance companies? I'm looking for the best value, not necessarily the best price. I want the peace of mind that I will be taken care of if something (heaven forbid) were to happen. I don't want a 60k check if my 100K boat is lost to damage or stolen in the first couple of years. Please throw out some suggestions because I don't even know where to begin getting quotes. TIA...

Aaron

I have met life.  I wanna say I am about 60 bucks a month. I made a claim on my last boat for a broken windshield. It was easy and my deduct was only 250. It was a comprehensive claim, so it didn't raise my premium. 

My rep told me anything is usually covered. If I left my drain plug undone and it sank to the bottom. It was covered. Just make sure you insure to the correct value of the boat. 

1 hour ago, The Donfather said:

I used Boat US

Thanks Don!

Used past tense? I assume you were happy with them Don? You going to use them again? I'm going to get as many quotes as possible this time around. I've waited 49 years to have my dream boat, I want to make sure I have a good insurance that stands behind their policies. 

I use Ski Safe. You pick the coverage amount. I’ve never had to file a claim but most people I’ve heard  of had good experiences with their coverage. The only bad I’ve heard is after a large claim they will cancel you. They understand our boats vs big insurance companies that think 360hp means 80mph. 

On 3/16/2021 at 2:21 PM, Guppydriver said:

Thanks Don!

Used past tense? I assume you were happy with them Don? You going to use them again? I'm going to get as many quotes as possible this time around. I've waited 49 years to have my dream boat, I want to make sure I have a good insurance that stands behind their policies. 

I never had a claim with them. But their prices were good and yes I would use them again

• 2 years later...