Officially a MB Owner

SteveF

Found a private party 2020 B52 23' with 40hrs on it in Texas and closed the deal today!! Boat ships out next Wednesday and should be in our drive way by next Friday/Saturday. We are beyond excited for it to arrive and get on the water. 

I have a million questions and would love some advice as this is my first Vdrive boat.

1. What maintenance intervals should i plan for this summer or now (oil change was done 20hrs ago)?

2. What cleaning/maintenance products should i own or not waste my time with? Plan to do oil and impellers myself..

3. Registering tips to get it on the water asap? Sellers lien holder says it can take up to 40 days to send it my way. (im in CA)

4. Any other advice for a newbie with two daughters 4 and 6 years old?

Pics to come when it arrives!

Thanks

Breathtaking!  Congrats on what is proving to be a difficult find for many this year....a high quality, late model year pre owned boat. That is a great, classic, color scheme! It will be one of the prettiest boats on the lake for years to come.

Cant wait to get it on the water! Bank says it will take a few week for the previous owners bank to send over the info for them. What advice can you California guys give for getting it out in the water in the mean time??

Two questions.

what are the two switches in the attached picture for. they are located by the breakers below the dash.. 

I can only seem to get bass to play out of the cabin speakers.. when i adjust the tower nob on the dash it adjust the tower, but when i adjust the cabin nob it does nothing??

Thanks for the help

View recent photos.png

On 4/5/2021 at 5:44 PM, Guppydriver said:

Congrats on an amazing boat! 

Please post pics when it comes.

I'm only an expert on question 4- daughters

My advice....Start saving your money, because they start getting real expensive in about 10 years :)

Guppy how old are your girls? I have a 12 and 9 year old daughters, we will for sure need to meet up at Deer Creek this summer!!

2 hours ago, schill38 said:

Guppy how old are your girls? I have a 12 and 9 year old daughters, we will for sure need to meet up at Deer Creek this summer!!

Sounds Great!

I'm a bit of geezer though lol!!  I have a 12 year old daughter, the baby. The others are 21 and 18. Then I have a 15 year old son as well! Can't wait to see you out there....I'll be needing some tips with my first V-Drive!

16 hours ago, Guppydriver said:

Sounds Great!

I'm a bit of geezer though lol!!  I have a 12 year old daughter, the baby. The others are 21 and 18. Then I have a 15 year old son as well! Can't wait to see you out there....I'll be needing some tips with my first V-Drive!

Hahaha I'm old too, just had kids later in life!! Would be more than happy to help, even willing to go out with you for the first run! V-Drives are for sure a different beast, I grew up with an I/O Sea Ray and when I bought my Tige 7 years ago it was a huge learning curve!

19 hours ago, schill38 said:

16 hours ago, Guppydriver said:

Sounds Great!

A meet up this year would nice. Guppy after a season of the vdrive you will be a pro. My first boat was my 2017, I learned so much in the first year. My confidence level is  alot higher now. Jason at the boat shack gave me a crash coarse when I picked up the boat and gave me some very good info on trailering and maneuvering and it has stuck with me. Especially with loading on the trailer. You will never see me holding the strap with my ass half way in the water waiting for the boat to come in like most i see at the ramp. I prefer the dry loading method.

But you'll never catch me at deer creek lol. I hate that place.  

10 hours ago, bloodiestcadaver said:

A meet up this year would nice. Guppy after a season of the vdrive you will be a pro. My first boat was my 2017, I learned so much in the first year. My confidence level is  alot higher now. Jason at the boat shack gave me a crash coarse when I picked up the boat and gave me some very good info on trailering and maneuvering and it has stuck with me. Especially with loading on the trailer. You will never see me holding the strap with my ass half way in the water waiting for the boat to come in like most i see at the ramp. I prefer the dry loading method.

But you'll never catch me at deer creek lol. I hate that place.  

I'd love a meet up! You're worth the extra 20 mins up to Jordanelle !!!  lol

15 hours ago, Guppydriver said:

I'd love a meet up! You're worth the extra 20 mins up to Jordanelle !!!  lol

Let's do it!! I do prefer Jordanelle over Deer Creek (which I absolutely refuse to go to on a weekend!!), it's just further away, heck if we are driving let's do Pineview!

1 hour ago, schill38 said:

Let's do it!! I do prefer Jordanelle over Deer Creek (which I absolutely refuse to go to on a weekend!!), it's just further away, heck if we are driving let's do Pineview!

You know it! I'll be at pineview as much as I can. Trash ass people and the loading ramp and docks suck. But its the warmest water and the best views. Ive come to relax more about the monsters that live in that lake too lol. Jordanelle is just 45 min from me which i like, its very busy but honestly the best flowing ramp in the area. I really like rockport as well. Just because they have that little dock at the end cove by the damn. Perfect place to escape the afternoon wind and chill out. I think they may be removing it this year from what I hear which is a bummer.  Deer creek is just an overcrowded mini ocean and is just not fun. but I do hear its got great glass in the morning. 

I'd love to do a meet up.  I've got my 1st Vdrive this year as well. 

I'm in North Ogden and mostly go to Willard (13 min from house) and Pineview (25 min from house).  

For sure Pineview has the best views but it's ridiculously packed on the weekends, to the point it's sketchy to put kids in the water.  They also have jet ski rentals with people that have no regard for other boaters/skiers.  But...on a weekday it's a DREAM!!!!

Willard is dirtier water, shallower, but bigger and you can find a nice corner area to play in.  Plus it takes the state park pass, which is nice (Pineview is about $18 to drop each time unless you buy the pass to it and Strawberry).

Nevertheless, I'd drive to Jordanelle, or other lakes down south for a meet up for sure!  We only went to northern lakes last year, but need to venture out more!

Tyler

6 hours ago, bloodiestcadaver said:

You know it! I'll be at pineview as much as I can. Trash ass people and the loading ramp and docks suck. But its the warmest water and the best views. Ive come to relax more about the monsters that live in that lake too lol. Jordanelle is just 45 min from me which i like, its very busy but honestly the best flowing ramp in the area. I really like rockport as well. Just because they have that little dock at the end cove by the damn. Perfect place to escape the afternoon wind and chill out. I think they may be removing it this year from what I hear which is a bummer.  Deer creek is just an overcrowded mini ocean and is just not fun. but I do hear its got great glass in the morning. 

Pineview is 1 hour 15 minutes from me but I love the lake and views!! Yes the weekends can get nuts with wave runners everywhere but Sundays usually aren't too bad, let's plan something!!

On 4/15/2021 at 11:56 AM, bloodiestcadaver said:

You will never see me holding the strap with my ass half way in the water waiting for the boat to come in like most i see at the ramp

That jackass in the water is me! My wife is timid about trailering the boat. I'd love to hear more about this dry trailering method. 

I'm assuming here, but back the trailer down right before the front of the trailer is in the water with access to front strap, with driver in the boat.  Unhook front strap (my old ski boat never slid), then gently let the rest of the boat in the water until she floats, tap the brakes and she'll slide right off.  Park the truck and have a great day!

I am a Pineview guy been going there for over 20 years. Pineview is really crowded now all that salt lake people found out about it. Willard is good when its not infested with bugs, that's the part I hate about willard. We will have to all meet up one weekend. How is Jordanelle and Rockport? I haven't boated at either of those lakes.

On 4/12/2021 at 3:37 PM, SteveF said:

Two questions.

what are the two switches in the attached picture for. they are located by the breakers below the dash.. 

I can only seem to get bass to play out of the cabin speakers.. when i adjust the tower nob on the dash it adjust the tower, but when i adjust the cabin nob it does nothing??

Thanks for the help

The two switches marked mode and Up/down are for doing diagnostics thru the main display.

I am assuming it has the exile system.  Main volume knob does all volume equally. Cabin knob does interior, Tower does tower only and Subwoofer does sub volume, Sub Freq does just what it says.

Check aux button may in wrong position. Also check back of unit RCA jack for cabin area may have come loose in transport. If all good good check to see if amp is coming on under observer seat. 

Warranty transfer is done at your local deal. You also only like a week to do it. You can transfer MB warranty and motor warranty to you approx 1200- -1500 total.

Where are you located?

PM me if I can help with any question about anything

Congrats on the new ride. Looks great.

On 4/16/2021 at 10:50 PM, BTown801 said:

That jackass in the water is me! My wife is timid about trailering the boat. I'd love to hear more about this dry trailering method. 

Me or my wife will drop the trailer in the water as normal,  when I come in with the boat i get it lined up enough to feel it sit in the bunks, then we will back the trailer up alittle more till I can give it idle throttle up to the bump stop hook. Then I will hook the strap up and maybe crank it on the extra 5 or 6 inches.  then we drive off the ramp.