GSA tabs not fully deploying (2016)

for some reason my GSA tabs are not fully deploying.  Once they activate with the wakesurf function, I have to manually bump them to clean up the wave.  When I start the boat, I let it cycle through the functions before I start (I have been told that may be the issue) however it still does not work.

has anyone else run into this??? 

thanks for any suggestions

Have you had the software update done? New software fully deploys the surf tab while stopped as soon as you select the wakesurf mode. You'll never deal with inconsistent deployment again. I quit burning through actuators when my software was updated too.

CFM

20 hours ago, CFM56-7 said:

Have you had the software update done? New software fully deploys the surf tab while stopped as soon as you select the wakesurf mode. You'll never deal with inconsistent deployment again. I quit burning through actuators when my software was updated too.

CFM

I sent the dealer a pic of my current software.  Hope to hear back soon if an update is available

86AEB490-3B11-46A7-BF98-F040A2C8233C.jpeg

On 6/8/2021 at 7:19 PM, OrangeTJ said:

In the meantime, you could temporarily fix the end result of the problem by changing the position of the pin where the actuator attaches to the plate.  Just set it so the tab starts from a lower position in the first place.

The tab isn't fully deploying because the actuator is reaching its maximum force limit and shutting down before reaching full extension. If you start with the tab in a lower position, you are ultimately requesting the tab to deploy further, and will reach the actuator force limit sooner. This won't help his situation....

If anything, raise the position of the tab when retracted so the actuator can more consistently drive the tab down to a fixed position. Consistent deployment is key to getting a good wave.

Or update the software and be done with it.

CFM

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...