Dim MIL light question…..

Guppydriver

Really dumb question, but want to clarify.

My MIL light remains on very dimly when running the boat. No codes. No beeps. Not bright. Boat runs great. When I first noticed this, I ran to the dealer and they found a low oil code that they think maybe was triggered early on when the boat was at an excessive angle or something. Oil checked great. Code reset. 

Noticed the light on again after a few hours of boating (you really have to almost cup your hand around it or look closely in the sunlight, it’s that dim). Took it to the dealer again and no codes whatsoever and nothing comes up on the computer. I just realized I never told them how dim it was, just that I see the MIL light illuminated. 

Now I’m wondering if a dimly lit MIL light is actually normal during operation just to indicate the light works or maybe just a light malfunction or something. Is this normal?

4 hours ago, Mikewoods said:

I believe the light is always on during normal operation and will flash when there is a fault. There will also be a small “f” (presumably for “fault”) on the left display panel. 

Thanks @Mikewoods

I don’t know how many time it’s possible to look like a moron on a web forum, but I’m hell bent on trying to break the record.  

Wasn’t a total waste taking my boat to the dealer at least. They checked all my fluids before my big Havasu trip next week. im starting to “get it” when people say buy the dealer, not just the boat.