Thoughts on a 25ft B52?

Mark

Should MB make a 25ft B52?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should MB make a 25ft B52?

• Yes
    • No

Just thinking out loud here, but how many of you think MB should make a 25ft B52? Personally, the 23ft is still the sweet spot for me, but it definitely seems like there is a growing market for larger (>24ft) wakeboats (e.g. Makai, Centurion Fi25 & Ri265, LSV 25 and upcoming T25, X26, G25, etc.) And I think it would be pretty cool to see what kind of wave a 25ft B52 could make. 

On the same topic, I feel like MB should drop or move down the F21 -> F20. It feels bit redundant to have two 21ft boats. And with the addition of a 25ft B52 would make a nice staggered boat lineup: F20, B21, F22, B23, F24, B25

Hey it might be a big seller in my home state of Utah, since everyone has like 20 kids, and does stupid crap like one person surfing close to the boat and one person surfing off a ski rope behind them on a cray busy day. I get these strange looks and questions because I only have one kid.

Honestly I think the F24 is bigger than a lot of the other 25's. I couldn't see it as a big enough $$ market for a company the size of MB to put out a 25 B52. My 2 cents I would say focus on the B52 and F22 Alpha's rather than investing the huge cash into a new B52 25 mold and design.

I do...and I think they will.

I think if the current F24 had a more impressive wave, there would be no need. However, a lot of people I talk to say it is very underwhelming for it's size and the 24' is more of a cruiser and an awesome wakeboard boat. Problem is surfing rules the roost. Although I doubt MB (or any company for that matter) would admit they probably took a misstep with a product, I think the 25' would be more of a redux than an addition.  

I think it would be an awesome boat, and now that I've had my boat a solid month, its time to start thinking about the next one. lol 

Pure speculation on my part and Don will probably chime in and tell me I'm wrong 😁 but I wouldn't expect it any time soon.

1. I'm pretty sure the MB production line is currently full with the models they have. No need to add more if you're currently selling everything you can make with no plan to expand the factory. 

2. It doesn't appear to me the F24 is selling great. I see them advertised by dealers for a while before they sell. I'm not sure going larger makes sense until you get the formula right on your current flagship. Some design tweeking of the transom is probably needed on the refresh. 

14 hours ago, JDUB said:

We are in for (50) 2022’s!!!! Let’s do this! They could call it the BFiftyUtah;)

If she surfs, we own the 22’, 23’ and 25’ waves on the market…. Sounds lovely!

@JDUBYou're going to sell a ton of these bro! I love knowing that we have something to eventually "upgrade" to while remaining part of TBS family. I know it's a pipe dream...but tell the boys and girls down in Atwater that a thruster would be fabulous on a boat that big... 

I almost had a coronary docking my 23' when Havasu got busy last Friday night. Lolololol Getting better though. Baby steps

Personally I'd love to see a few things that frankly don't cost a ton before a new model is introduced:

1. 17" prop and 2:1 tranny

2. add back the 460 Raptor or switch to another mfg

3. Better insulating engine compartment to reduce noise

4. deeper seating

5. sharper front hull to cut through rough water (this might cost more )

1 hour ago, mxvet said:

Personally I'd love to see a few things that frankly don't cost a ton before a new model is introduced:

4. deeper seating

Agree especially with the noise ! 

I will say that the Alpha models do have deeper seating than the classics.  Don’t know if you’ve had a chance to sit in them , but it’s noticeable and one of the main reasons I bought the Alpha as opposed to saving a few dollars with the classic. 

I also would have upgraded to the 460 had it been available. The 440 didn’t provide enough delta for the money and  the 575 was out of my price range. 

7 hours ago, mxvet said:

4. deeper seating

I would agree with: 1,3,4,5. the 575 is the ticket, but 460 would be second best. Deeper seats deeper boat, so far my only complaint is the B52 Alpha is the slow pumps and it sits too low in the back. I had a wave come over the back from another surf boat and almost swamp us when I was sitting still filling ballast. I had to drive just to start emptying ballast not to get swamped by the next set of waves.

I would love to have enclosed rear ballast like the supra, my buddy has a ton of room for gear in the rear lockers on his SA.

It does suck to pay 7K for for the 440.   I also wanted the 460 until I noticed that it required premium 91/93 gas.  If I am going to be required to put in premium then I might as well get the 575.  And with gas prices going up, I decided against the 575 for that one reason alone.

15 hours ago, mxvet said:

4. deeper seating

The great thing about #1-3 is that they can all be added without any major changes to the existing boat. I'm at nearly sea level so I'm fine with the base 400 motor, but i'd definitely still like the bigger prop and tranny. #3 is probably the biggest one for me. The current set up is pretty loud. 

If we're talking improvements to the current models, I really just want the battery switch accessible without having to lift up the seats. 

On 6/11/2021 at 11:45 AM, Guppydriver said:

I do...and I think they will.

I think if the current F24 had a more impressive wave, there would be no need. However, a lot of people I talk to say it is very underwhelming for it's size and the 24' is more of a cruiser and an awesome wakeboard boat. Problem is surfing rules the roost. Although I doubt MB (or any company for that matter) would admit they probably took a misstep with a product, I think the 25' would be more of a redux than an addition.  

I think it would be an awesome boat, and now that I've had my boat a solid month, its time to start thinking about the next one. lol 

I completely agree, and because the F24 failed to live up to expectations is what actually made me think of a 25ft B52. Obviously they are not going to redesign the F24 this soon, but the B52 23ft already has a proven wave. So just take the B52 23ft, extend it 2 feet, and you've got a boat worthy of the flagship title. I know i'm vastly oversimplifying the process, but I'm just saying they don't need to reinvent the wheel. 

11 hours ago, oboyskibum said:

I would agree with: 1,3,4,5. the 575 is the ticket, but 460 would be second best. Deeper seats deeper boat, so far my only complaint is the B52 Alpha is the slow pumps and it sits too low in the back. I had a wave come over the back from another surf boat and almost swamp us when I was sitting still filling ballast. I had to drive just to start emptying ballast not to get swamped by the next set of waves.

I would love to have enclosed rear ballast like the supra, my buddy has a ton of room for gear in the rear lockers on his SA.

The 575 is a great motor and has served us well at 5000 FT. The 450 motor that is in the G23 is a beast though and we could have saved a few $$$ over the 575 and some $$ on gas as well if MB had a comparable engine to offer.

If I had one wish though - I'd go with 17" prop and 2:1 tranny. Would make all motors a ton more efficient!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

shoulda killed the 24 in its crib. tragically ugly and doesn't surf is a bad combo. the 22 TC is the least ugly of the new designs. 25 ft version of that might do ok. Those lines aren't for everybody. I wonder how long they will run with them.

My list:

1. new lines- swoops are ugly AF
  2. all subfloor ballast
  3. Deeper- more free board
  4. More storage
  5. Wetsounds
  6. more heater ports- Up to 5 please. 2 isn't enough and why on earth did you do away with the drivers port?
  7. make it surf really well and give me more wave adjustability
  8. more engine options and 2:1 trans
  9. side mounted surf tow line points
  10. Bigger Bimini
  11. walk through and convertible seating
  12. rear surf locker like the RI257
  13. hinged seats std
  14. option to tint windshield from factory
  15. option to keep trim pieces just stand billet aluminum
  16. 5 year warranty- anything over 100K should be 5 years. period, no room for discussion, everyone else does it
  17. tower folded for towing should lock into place and not require some contraption to secure it.
  18. thruster optional