Can 2014 F21 handle rough water? (Lake Tahoe chop/wind)

tswan

Thinking about purchasing a 2014 F21 Tomcat. Beautiful boat and happy with the whole deal except I am nervous about how the boat will fare during rough Lake Tahoe afternoons. Obviously we will try to avoid them but it happens! Looking at the boat I noticed how low the boat appears to ride over the water, and I'd like to make sure this won't be a problem before I make the purchase. Thank you!

I have a 16 F22, which I believe has a bit more freeboard than a 14 F21.  FWIW, we have taken our F22 for a week to 2 weeks every year to Tahoe and have been out in some pretty choppy conditions when we stayed on the water too long.  Not a problem but not a lot of fun if you have to get most of the way across the lake when the wind has kicked up.  We've never taken water other than spray over the bow, even with a very full load of passengers, but everybody gets splashed and the back seat passengers get pretty wet.  The boat is solid and sure, though.  We do try to have ourselves back close to home by 3:00 in the afternoon or so, as the lake definitely can get pretty nasty in the late afternoon.

1 hour ago, OrangeTJ said:

I have a 16 F22, which I believe has a bit more freeboard than a 14 F21.  FWIW, we have taken our F22 for a week to 2 weeks every year to Tahoe and have been out in some pretty choppy conditions when we stayed on the water too long.  Not a problem but not a lot of fun if you have to get most of the way across the lake when the wind has kicked up.  We've never taken water other than spray over the bow, even with a very full load of passengers, but everybody gets splashed and the back seat passengers get pretty wet.  The boat is solid and sure, though.  We do try to have ourselves back close to home by 3:00 in the afternoon or so, as the lake definitely can get pretty nasty in the late afternoon.

Thanks. Yeah Im going to ask what the freeboard on this boat is. What is yours?