Tricky lake with shallow areas and not marked well.  Lake level varies often with drought and then big rains. GPS helps my wife know where to go when I’m not driving too.

My buddies Supra SA has a built-in lake mapping GPS location display and it is fantastic on lakes to see where the deep channels are located as water levels change. I would love to have a good option to use like that on the MB

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/9/2021 at 5:20 AM, texman said:

Tricky lake with shallow areas and not marked well.  Lake level varies often with drought and then big rains. GPS helps my wife know where to go when I’m not driving too.

I'm guessing that's GPS software specific for bodies of water?  When I was at Lake Powell I used Google Maps on my phone which was great to tell me where I was on the lake, but I still had to keep a close eye out for shallow areas due to changing water levels.  Sometimes those were away from the shore randomly next to really deep areas.  The topology of Powell is interesting like that.  You see your depth gauge bounce from 300' to 25' while your cruising at 35mph!

Also, what's the controller seen right in front of your throttle?  I'm thought all the surf and ballast controls had been integrated by MB on the newer boats. Just curious.

it is navionics app.  allows user to shade areas based in depth, plot, speed, etc.  and adjust water level to actual so it is accurate.

the control is my GSA controls(gosurfassist).  it was added by the original owner.