Pre delivery research

Huey6177

Hey guys, just created an account and I am expecting our F 22 Alpha to be delivered in about a week or two. I asked the dealer if there was any sort of literature or videos to help us get familiar with the boat before it arrives. He directed me to this site. Would love to do some research before we head out on the water for our first time.  Thanks in advance. 

Welcome and congrats on the soon to arrive F22. Pics are always welcome so post away once she arrives!

There are several decent walkthrough videos on YouTube. Below is one examine.

If you have specific questions there are several B52 23' Alpha owners who can probably answer. 

Great video, I watched that a few weeks ago. I was looking for more info for setup that has worked for people on the water. This will be our first surf boat so would love to get familiar with it before it arrives. We are in Nor Cal so dealer trips aren’t a thing with limited water in the lakes. We are keeping it almost three hours away at our lake house in Lake Almanor where there is plenty of water. The lake sits above 4K so would also like recommendations for running it at higher elevations. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Huey6177 said:

Great video, I watched that a few weeks ago. I was looking for more info for setup that has worked for people on the water. This will be our first surf boat so would love to get familiar with it before it arrives. We are in Nor Cal so dealer trips aren’t a thing with limited water in the lakes. We are keeping it almost three hours away at our lake house in Lake Almanor where there is plenty of water. The lake sits above 4K so would also like recommendations for running it at higher elevations. Thanks. 

really easy to make the wave, fill it all up, 11.1-11.2 mph cav plate around 40-50 percent. thats at least for the 23 foot, but should be a good starting point. hopefully someone can chime in with a 22 footer

On 7/14/2021 at 12:23 PM, bloodiestcadaver said:

really easy to make the wave, fill it all up, 11.1-11.2 mph cav plate around 40-50 percent. thats at least for the 23 foot, but should be a good starting point. hopefully someone can chime in with a 22 footer

I've never even used the cav plate whilst surfing. I may have to give it a shot tomorrow!

On 7/13/2021 at 2:57 PM, bloodiestcadaver said:

your dealer should be taking you out on the water for the first time on delivery. hands on walk through would be best

I second this! That's a lot of coin, I'd demand a lake delivery and orientation. The little "tips" that only come with experience are invaluable. I wasn't even sure how far to dip the trailer for launch and retrieval. Between my initial lake delivery and tons of guidance from this forum, I somewhat look like I know what the hell I'm doing now. 

I'm a few months into ownership now and enough time has elapsed to initially determine if I made the right choice. I did. I would buy my boat again in a heartbeat and there are some dang good competitors out there. Welcome to the MB takeover and please post pics of the boat when it comes. 

04482C7F-EBB9-4AC6-A1AA-CD3BBE331743.jpeg

7747C4C9-58F1-4EAB-BDFF-C93ED737D197.jpeg

A5B80AFE-7307-4B5D-BCB9-D00922FEEC3A.jpeg

11A5F00B-38F4-4027-92DF-4FE8902F8B77.jpeg

29F2D574-6F20-4A4C-A94D-1B4F94FE8865.jpeg

20 hours ago, Huey6177 said:

04482C7F-EBB9-4AC6-A1AA-CD3BBE331743.jpeg

7747C4C9-58F1-4EAB-BDFF-C93ED737D197.jpeg

A5B80AFE-7307-4B5D-BCB9-D00922FEEC3A.jpeg

11A5F00B-38F4-4027-92DF-4FE8902F8B77.jpeg

29F2D574-6F20-4A4C-A94D-1B4F94FE8865.jpeg

STUNNING!

Cooler is bad ass too!

On 7/14/2021 at 11:23 AM, bloodiestcadaver said:

What RPM do your boats run when full on tanks and bags? I feel like I’m going to blow it up!

4 hours ago, Huey6177 said:

What RPM do your boats run when full on tanks and bags? I feel like I’m going to blow it up!

In the neighborhood of 4K rpm is pretty normal for surfing, less if you run on the slow side and more if you run a bit faster than normal.