Mb alpha wakeboard wake pictures

fortnox

11 minutes ago, Lanzo said:

I still wakeboard a lot.   I'm looking to upgrade from my old '05B52V, but no one seems to have any insight on the wakeboard wakes of the newer MBs.  🥺

You looking for insights on the classic or alpha? @The Donfatherposted a wakeboarding video from his '18 a while back. 

On 7/18/2021 at 6:30 PM, fortnox said:

Thanks for all the replies.  Still looking for pics when they are available.  Even on MBs instagram it's tough to come by a straight wake pic. 

Next time I am out I will try and remember. Last year I had a really good rider with me and I was running bow bag and hard tanks. It took a bit to get up to speed but that thing was massive. I think he was at about 22-23 mph. Im not very good I don't do any ballast and it seems big to me. One thing I thought was cool with the gravity system, is I could drain out one side for a few seconds and both sides would be nice and crispy. 

Awesome I'd appreciate that.  It's a much bigger boat than classic b52/tomcat... so I'd imagine it would be a bit different. I used to ride f21 tomcat and seems like the video of classic b52 is pretty much like my old tomcat. 

Been riding g21 and new supra, definitely a beefier wake than tomcat.  I'm thinking new alpha would be on par with g21/23. Hoping to get some insight on that !

Thanks again

Ryan

I just put a deposit down on a B52 23 Alpha. I really want to know what the wakeboard wake looks like. The sales guy said it was great at 23, but washed out easy at lower speeds. My old 2004 B52 did the same thing. My family mostly wakeboards. Should I be looking for another boat or will the B52 provide a great wakeboard wake for learning and landing tricks?

I don't have a 23' but I think all MB's are similar due to the deep V hull. You need balanced weight for a clean wake at lower speeds. I pull young kids with no problem at 18 mph. Just fill up a little ballast and bleed off some water while underway to balance your weight load. The heavy side will be clean so dump ballast from that side until it cleans up nicely on both and then close the gate.