2022 B52 Alpha observations

crutcher

Hey there!

I just got my 2022 B52 and love, love, love it!  A few observations that I'm curious if others have noticed:

• That rear step the under the transom - wow, trying to unhook that thing with the rubber handle is tough!  Is that because it's new or is it really that much of a PITA?  I don't think we'll use it much.  When surfing, the transom is under water and super easy to get onto.
  • The front left cushion under the dash that lifts up is also a bit wonky to lift.  I'll get used to that, though.  I got a complaint from someone in the boat when they tried to open it.  My solution is if they complain again they can get in someone else's boat :)
  • Love the wave!  Seems the goofy side is better (smoother/longer) than the normal side, and since I'm goofy, it's all good, but is that normal/expected?
  • We put the center tab at zero and cruise control to about 11.2 to get a longer wave.  Also, we didn't let the center tank fill all the way (it was about 90%).  This is all using stock ballast system, no mods.  Don't get me wrong, the wave is great, just curious if there's more to tweaking to consider.

I was considering Master Craft, but happy I went with MB!  By the way, I'm not a boating veteran, so definitely in learning mode!

On 7/29/2021 at 10:53 AM, crutcher said:

That rear step the under the transom - wow, trying to unhook that thing with the rubber handle is tough!  Is that because it's new or is it really that much of a PITA?  I don't think we'll use it much.  When surfing, the transom is under water and super easy to get onto.

Welcome to the MB family, you are going to love your boat!! For the swimstep rubber handle we just attach it to the "T" part and not the middle rubber ball, this will make your life 100x easier!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...