Ideas to clan up right wave

Herrschurf

Can anyone provide some ideas on how to clean up my right wave? Here is my setup:

2002 MB Sports 220V

800 lbs stock right/left subfloor ballast, 1000 lb piggybacked ballast each side usually only filled 1/3 full, automatic surf gate system and 500 lb bow ballast sack under seats. 

How I clean up that right wave with what I have? Can I add something? I have tried tweaking the weight on each side with no luck. Actually got worse with more weight on the right than left. One observation I had is if you look close there seems to be wash coming over the left gate and into the wave. Would a taller gate help?

IMG_2042.JPEG

IMG_2059.JPEG

IMG_2072.JPEG

20210830_152818.jpg

20210829_172808.jpg

When I had my 2004 21' B52 I was able to get a better wave on the port side as well. But we were mostly goofy so we were able to dial the starboard side to get some decent push. Its not as clean as the port side, but it was decent. When we surfed we put a bag in the bow and one in the surf side locker. We always had the hard tanks full. We were using a DIY suck gate on the lower area of the hull.

The difference between our setup and yours appears to be that your gates are higher than the area we put our gate. Could you lower them? Or you can try a suction cup gate first and then fix your existing gates. That would be my suggestion. These older B52s actually surf quite well.

20200714_141208.jpg

2021-08-31 09_34_32-Video - Google Photos.png

On 8/30/2021 at 5:32 PM, Herrschurf said:

Can anyone provide some ideas on how to clean up my right wave? Here is my setup:

2002 MB Sports 220V

800 lbs stock right/left subfloor ballast, 1000 lb piggybacked ballast each side usually only filled 1/3 full, automatic surf gate system and 500 lb bow ballast sack under seats. 

How I clean up that right wave with what I have? Can I add something? I have tried tweaking the weight on each side with no luck. Actually got worse with more weight on the right than left. One observation I had is if you look close there seems to be wash coming over the left gate and into the wave. Would a taller gate help?

IMG_2042.JPEG

IMG_2059.JPEG

IMG_2072.JPEG

20210830_152818.jpg

20210829_172808.jpg

When you surf right, the boat leans in that direction more than on the left side because of the prop rotation. I  think that as mentioned above your gate is to high and the height is exaggerated by the lean. To test the theory, I'd put a suckgate on it and try it out. If it works, reinstall the gate lower.

Good luck