Hole in exhaust manifold

Pal27

Was wondering if anyone else has come across this problem yet. I have a 2015 F22 with the Raptor 400 motor. The only time our boat has taken on water was when the prop shaft seal went bad, after replacing everything was dry until recently. The other day we were on the water and getting ready to surf, boat was running, then the bilge came on. I immediately opened the engine compartment and noticed water coming in from the port side exhaust manifold. I could immediately see where it was coming from. Got the boat home and started inspecting. It appears that someone had ground away at the metal on the exhaust manifold so that the bolt for a bracket on the motor had clearance. The first picture is a rusted bolt and manifold. It’s obvious that it’s been leaking for some time but has recently gotten bad enough to trigger the bilge. The next pictures I shaved the head of the bolt off, because you you can’t remove it unless you remove the manifold, then wire wheeled the manifold to reveal the size of the ground out notch which has led to a hole developing. I don’t understand the thought process behind this. Why grind on the exhaust manifold? Why not use a shallower head bolt? The bolt that they made clearance for is for a bracket so the motor can be removed. The only fix is to remove the motor because that’s the only way to get the manifold off. Anyone have or seen this problem? Going to be doing the repairs myself, so if anyone has removed one of these motors and can give me some tips it would be greatly appreciated. 

C14600BA-0BD2-4D8C-90B2-90228F03118D.jpeg

7773A9C0-1480-41C8-BD5B-62D1A646D189.jpeg

6659AA5B-6B55-407A-8D53-C66D3C8DAA8F.jpeg

41BCF089-BB25-40B6-942F-67249C8710F5.jpeg