Ballast gate dead. Need help

So I have a 2011 f21 the port side ballast gate will close but not open. The motor sounds like its dying. I've tried lubing, manually opening and closing but no dice. I have bought the Vallerra valve it cannot get the old drain master out. I've loosen all the hose clamps and removed all four bolts. It will spin but I can't get it out. Any help would be appreciated

Try removing the 4 bolts that hold the flanges on.  Then try to remove the valve without the flanges.  If it doesn't come easy, get mad!  lol.  It will come out and the old valve won't be going back it so don't be gentle.  The problem is MB would put the valves in and then the stainless grill on the back of the boat last.  Sometimes there wasn't enough room for the length of hose they put in to pull out the valve.  When you do get it out, cut the flanges down by about a 1/4"-3/8" each.  This will give you the room to put it back in and deal with any issue in future.  Hope that helps.  I had to do the same thing.

Try removing the 4 bolts that hold the flanges on.  Then try to remove the valve without the flanges.  If it doesn't come easy, get mad!  lol.  It will come out and the old valve won't be going back it so don't be gentle.  The problem is MB would put the valves in and then the stainless grill on the back of the boat last.  Sometimes there wasn't enough room for the length of hose they put in to pull out the valve.  When you do get it out, cut the flanges down by about a 1/4"-3/8" each.  This will give you the room to put it back in and deal with any issue in future.  Hope that helps.  I had to do the same thing.

Ok so it was pipe on flange. Zero room, I removed from the stainless cover and pulled assembly out from the back, what should I reseal with? 3m 4200. Or silicone?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

But if you do the Vallettas you need to run new wires/switches?

I need to do one soon.

No on the wiring I ran valterras on stock wiring. Yes on switches. Valterra supplies the switch when I bough them. I popped the cover off and used the stock covers.

No you dont!

I used same switches and same wires.

Look back in some older threads.

Chuck Lovenburg!!

The drainmaster gears are plastic.

Teflon.

The valterras are metal.

You put the two differnt valves side by side.

You can tell which one is the better one.