annual maintenance

I'll check again. I took out the cup holders insert out underneath the throttle to get up there. Followed wires all the way to the gates. Red and a black. Pretty sure those are the ones. However the wires coming out of the switches are many, small ,different colored ones and I had a hard time tracing them through the harness. I'm wondering now if I'm following the wrong wires like to my surf lights and the ballast ones are in a plastic conduit, which I did see around the throttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol I've been chasing the golden goose. My boat has no inline fuse. It's wired with automatic resettable fuses under the helm. One gate still stuck. Took it out and cleaned it. Not easy to get the gate out and I thought I'd have to pull out the stainless gate cover on the stern but a generous coating of wd40 made it possible to get those fernco's back on. Gates work perfect now. Success at last!

Also notices the carpet has fallen off the side of the hull about 6-8 inches down from the top. Any ideas as to what I should stick it back up with ?

I appreciate the help on this forum :)

3m super 77 or 90 should work

Lol I've been chasing the golden goose. My boat has no inline fuse. It's wired with automatic resettable fuses under the helm. One gate still stuck. Took it out and cleaned it. Not easy to get the gate out and I thought I'd have to pull out the stainless gate cover on the stern but a generous coating of wd40 made it possible to get those fernco's back on. Gates work perfect now. Success at last!

A bunch of our carpet is falling down also. I am going to try 3m spray adhesive.

• 10 months later...

Great thread and good to see a lot of us are doing our own mx.  Don't see that a lot these days.  I have a pump that hooks up to my drill gun for fluid changes.  It can get messy sometimes and a pain to hold on to, I might try a new pump later this year. 

On a side note, has anyone had problems with the ballast switch light just staying on?  My left tank switch stays illuminated all the time but the valve works fine.  I checked the connections at the valve and all look good.  Also my right surf light won't come on anymore...not even sure where to start on that one. 

Ended up skipping on the V Drive fluid for now, looks like a little more advise and reassurance is needed.  

Tomorrow comes oil, oil filter, trans, in line fuel filter, marine grease, Tomcat should be happy with me!  Planning the impeller but still need to pick one up... 

New Acme 2315, let the wakeboarding begin with a little more weight.

Funny my ballast pump wasn't working, looking to take it apart and it has some damn security screws in it.  Don't put a lot of effort but went to find the right tool at the local Wallmart, they don't have it.  Buddie of mine comes over today and suggests I check the fuse in the plugin.  Never knew you could unscrew the top part of the plug in and find a fuse.  Well thank goodness I didn't take my pump apart and found it was a 6A fuse that was blown.   

Josh you should do a 2315 review after you ride with it, I'm running a 2070 right now which I like but I hate that I lost top end, wondering if the slightly bigger prop will be provide a little more top end but same low end like the 2070

I got to run the 2315 with full ballast and a full tank of gas.  My top end is now 34 really pushing it and that's plenty for me.  Even cruising through Lake Powell for a long shot I still only run 25-26ish (4000 RPM's).  Low end on this prop is nothing short of amazing, best upgrade for our MB.

I had the 1433 and run about 3600# at roughly sea level.  It used to take 35-40 seconds (to maybe never if I had a full tank and an extra body in the boat) to now with the 2315 it takes about 12 seconds, no struggle whatsoever.  I don't know what happened to the top speed, but that's not relevant to me.  Most importantly, at wakeboard speed my RPM was virtually unchanged.  So, given such short time to plane I will have significantly lower fuel usage and strain on the engine.  This is the perfect prop for these boats and what they should come from the factory with-it was night a day with no downside for me.  Note: I have a '12 so there was no clearance issue.