Boatmate trailers

mxvet

Looking for feedback on - boat fitment, overall construction & quality. The boat would be a 2018-2019 B52 23'. Considering a Boatmate over the Extreme this time around based solely on the tear drop fender.

I have heard mixed reviews thus far on boat fitment.  

My Boatmate has been good.  Only two maintenance items.  The carpet needs to be reattached to the bunks in some areas (pretty common) and the Fulton jack rusts out because Fulton made a poor design that doesn't drain water (not Boatmate's fault).  I prefer the appearance of the Boatmate over the Extreme.  Can't put my finger on why exactly it looks better to me.

What is the tear drop fender?  Did they change the design?

I’m on boat number six and my boatmate is the nicest trailer by far. It tows beautiful and looks great. It fits my Tomcat with much more nose down than my previous B52 was. I think I prefer that as well. Mine is 6 years old and still in great shape.

my 2018 scratched the living shit out of the front of my brand new boat almost immediately. I replaced the carpet on the bunk and now its doing it on the other side. Tons of them showed up with bad brake lines. decent trailers but their QC is terrible in my experience.

I have heard the same stories about the Extreme trailers too.

It seems like the QC on boat trailer in general is pretty poor. A guy like me can have a great one and the next one off the line has a bunch of issues. It’s a crapshoot.

18 B52 on Boatmate here.  The two small bunks on the front of the trailer are not placed in optimal position.....hence the scratching of the hull.  I load with this trailer deeper than any I have had in the past.........Pain in the ass if by myself.

Thankfully mine sits on lift so rarely trailer.

Also have the 18 B52 on boatmate. I was not happy with how mine towed until I realized the tongue weight was too light. A few hundred pounds of lead in the bow and she tows great now. Once I fixed the weight distribution issue all has been great. I tow a lot and have had zero issues. No scratches fortunately either. I float her on fairly deep - just shallow enough so things line up.

thanks for the feedback thus far, these are the same issues I have heard from others as well. Strange they cannot get the axle placement correct for the right weight distribution. My 2016 extreme trailer has been super solid and tows great. I will probably opt to go with extreme again. Wish they could put decent fenders on them though. They look unfinished. 

Also have the 18 B52 on boatmate. I was not happy with how mine towed until I realized the tongue weight was too light. A few hundred pounds of lead in the bow and she tows great now. Once I fixed the weight distribution issue all has been great. I tow a lot and have had zero issues. No scratches fortunately either. I float her on fairly deep - just shallow enough so things line up.

damn, I get her deep as possible and still have issues. Pisses me off because I keep this thing pristine.

• 2 years later...