Hard steering B52, and Stained hull/waterline

We have a 2003 B52 that we kept moored at a marina all summer in the Sacramento Delta. Boat ran great, it was a great fun summer. It has been in the water since the end of June. We haven't used it since the end of August due to the start of youth football season. Went to the marina today and picked it up. The steering was INCREDIBLY STIFF, it was incredibly difficult to get onto the trailer. Additionally, the hull and waterline are in terrible condition with green algae, stains etc. Brought it home and hit it with a pressure washer.....barely made a dent. How do I get that off the boat? 

All info appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

I can't help you with the stained hull, but maybe I can help with your stiff steering. You should have a grease zerk fitting in your engine compartment right behind the ski pylon. That grease zerk fitting is used to grease your rudder. I usually pump some grease in it at the beginning of the season. I've owned my 03 for around 11 years and have never had a problem with stiff steering. Hopefully this helps.

I can't help you with the stained hull, but maybe I can help with your stiff steering. You should have a grease zerk fitting in your engine compartment right behind the ski pylon. That grease zerk fitting is used to grease your rudder. I usually pump some grease in it at the beginning of the season. I've owned my 03 for around 11 years and have never had a problem with stiff steering. Hopefully this helps.

Do you need a grease gun for this?  Mine is tight as well so I probably need to do this.  Never done if before though.

Probably needs a cable to fix the hard steering.

It is called the Dirty D for a reason. I left my 14 in for one week one time. It was a mess. I can't imagine leaving it in as long as you did. I used Boat Bling and a orbital detailer polisher with polishing wheel on the whole bottom hull. It took it off.

Marykate on and off hull cleaner is what you need.

I keep mine in the Columbia all summer. This stuff cleans it right up.

Warning though. This is acid based cleaner and won’t harm your gel coat at all but keep it away from your aluminum, brass, etc.. kinda nasty stuff to work with but it does the job

• 11 months later...

Can you all help me with greasing the rudder box? 

Above someone mentions a grease zerk behind the ski pylon. Not seeing that, nor do I see a zerk at or around the rudder box.

Also interested in changing the steering cable if anyone might know the part I need and the process.

03 B52

thanks!