2022 Alpha New Dash

Hyperryd

We are extremely pleased with the updates so far… the 8’s and 12” sub blew our minds in the Vanta this spring and will be a standard for us from now on. The dash is slick, it’s a good start without going too far. 

I’d be happy to answer any questions, give me a call. Jason 801-518-6343.

Love the RGB lighting as well and touch screen! 

I'd love to have that phone charger...not so much to charge, but just as a great place to have your phone accessible.  I love that MB isn't just standing pat, but continuing to improve so soon after the Alpha launch. It's a pretty competitive industry out there with Axis and Supreme coming out with new products recently. I can't wait to see the 25"!!

Dumb question.....If I eventually replaced my 6.5 inch speakers with 8.8 inch, would I have to upgrade the amp(s) as well? (I have a 21 Alpha with a 12" sub).   

You don't, but that would defeat the purpose of replacing them. The 6.5's are 150 W, and the 8.8' are 250.

My boat came with the 6.5 speakers ant two amps - one rated for 1200W and one for 600W.

I assume your alpha was fitted similarly if you have 4 tower JL's.

So  It would make sense to upgrade the 600 W to a second 1200W Amp.

Personally, if I would make any upgrades to the sound system, I'd put my money on a second sub and retune for quality and install sound deadener on the engine compartment walls. The system is plenty loud as it is.

I agree. Retune, kicked it for me, but my dealer tunes aggressive(very long time JL dealer) so occasionally I need to turn it down a bit when the modern pop kicks up the input volume on the bass. Even with the 12 I am going to add some more low end, the 8.8's give you a little but more subs are better. Add another set of 8.8's on rack before the in-boats. just my 2 cents.

23 hours ago, jcole21 said:

Oh man I’m glad the vanta was sold when I called y’all now. That’s sick…

25 coming maybe? I’ve been prepping an order for a tomcat (wifey needs those full bucket seats on the transom so gotta go a foot bigger). 

😎the futures looking bright for you😎

…and there’s 100% gonna be a bigger Vanta coming!!!!

3 hours ago, Guppydriver said:

I'd love to have that phone charger...not so much to charge, but just as a great place to have your phone accessible.  I love that MB isn't just standing pat, but continuing to improve so soon after the Alpha launch. It's a pretty competitive industry out there with Axis and Supreme coming out with new products recently. I can't wait to see the 25"!!

Dumb question.....If I eventually replaced my 6.5 inch speakers with 8.8 inch, would I have to upgrade the amp(s) as well? (I have a 21 Alpha with a 12" sub).   

The 8’s will be on your next boat… they take a different speaker mold.

We got you though! 

14 hours ago, Newbie said:

You don't, but that would defeat the purpose of replacing them. The 6.5's are 150 W, and the 8.8' are 250.

My boat came with the 6.5 speakers ant two amps - one rated for 1200W and one for 600W.

I assume your alpha was fitted similarly if you have 4 tower JL's.

So  It would make sense to upgrade the 600 W to a second 1200W Amp.

Personally, if I would make any upgrades to the sound system, I'd put my money on a second sub and retune for quality and install sound deadener on the engine compartment walls. The system is plenty loud as it is.

Noico or Dynamat stuff or something more heavy duty? I honestly think that if I had one thing to change about my boat, it would be the noise level at surf speeds.....

Not having the Ipad screens, power towers and other tech stuff that can bust on my MB like 200K brands has never bothered me for one second, but the noise level is the one area where I get just a little envious. 

Off topic speaking of other boats... surfed my neighbors 2021 Centurion yesterday, almost 200k SRP. Really cool boat and the wave was solid, but I honestly didn't think it was any better than my Alpha. 

21 hours ago, Guppydriver said:

6 hours ago, Guppydriver said:

Noico or Dynamat stuff or something more heavy duty? I honestly think that if I had one thing to change about my boat, it would be the noise level at surf speeds.....

Not having the Ipad screens, power towers and other tech stuff that can bust on my MB like 200K brands has never bothered me for one second, but the noise level is the one area where I get just a little envious. 

Off topic speaking of other boats... surfed my neighbors 2021 Centurion yesterday, almost 200k SRP. Really cool boat and the wave was solid, but I honestly didn't think it was any better than my Alpha. 

I have some Klimat. Some guys on moomba forum (my previous boat) did double layers with noticable results. 

There's open space under the rear middle seat through the engine compartment.  I think just putting a buffer there would make a difference.

On 8/27/2021 at 9:00 AM, AZ_MB said:

Sexy indeed! She looks hot. Really hot. As in, set me on fire with all that black hot! 🤣

Could we handle her here in PHX?

Ha I’m not sure but the way that thing is kitted up and configured I was debating finding out 😂