Anyone still wakeboard?

logan91077

Are any of you still wakeboarding? Seems like everyone is just surfing these days. Hell i have seen plenty of boats getting out at 7am surfing. Not that i mind, it takes the pressure off me. The slalom guys must hate the surfers much more than my modest wakeboard wake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shawn that looks like some good pop! But yeah I'll be out b and e tomorrow morning brand new parks ronix camber board! Can't wait!

But I see what the OP means lots of surf talk on the forums now seems like more surf that wakeboard. Also anytime u walk into the dealers first thing they ask is if I surf! Probably cuz I'm a old dude I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wakeboarding has created quite a curious creature.....super hardcore/gnarly....yet snobish...along with a dash of dude that doesn't want to get up early....I love it!

Ain't that the truth it sucks looking at glass water waiting for other people to roll out of bed and get ready to board! Shits weak! Iits happened far to many times I'm a early person I get up at 630-7 and wait till 9-10

I wakeboard very little. I was too old when I started to ever get really good and now too scared to try much. :o

I'm 45 and just getting into the sport. Avoiding injury is key, but man I really want to go wake to wake being as competitive as I am. If I can do that and learn to switch and progress at a decent rate and add in more minor tricks then I will be happy.

I bought our MB for the simple fact that surfing is just one more thing to try and do.......but really I bought the boat to go out and have fun and make great memories with family and friends.

I am 48. Started boarding about 6 years ago. Have only gone W2W a handfull of times. I have a blown knee only thing keeping it together is the arthritis. That is why we are slowly switching to surfing. I still love to board although, just do a ton of surface tricks on my finless slingshot. I ride no ballast 65-70 feet at 21.5 mph.

I'm 39 and started riding this summer. Cant get enough! I love the technical aspect of it and the learning process. I'm riding 65' at 21 mph with full ballast on my F21. I had an older super air nautique that i bought for surfing but it became such a pain to fill bags only to get a mediocre wave that i started wakeboarding instead. I really didn't expect to love it as much as i do.