Anyone still wakeboard?

logan91077

so true!  Midnight, Steve142 and I were out surfing the Columbia yesterday and you should have seen the number of fishing boats that midnight almost sank with his wake  :ph34r:

kinda like this….

Haha.. you forgot to mention the G-23 that was tracking up and down the Lady Island Slew with us. every time we passed each other it reminded me of a jousting competition to see who's rider would crater on each others wake. the G's wake is certainly IMPRESSIVE!

We still wakeboard. We have a system since we have all diff levels and interests. Start day boarding, kids and adults. Then my 9 yr old likes to hit the kneeboard. He loves that thing. Then if anyone with us surfs, which is rare, we do that route. Or everyone gets one last ride on the board. (Still having issues getting a good surf wave in the F21 Tomcat) Then the kids like to finish the day with some tubing. The kids don't want that cruise behind the boat tubing, they want whip and get even with the boat tubing, try to get flipped tubing. Boarding takes up most of our time on the water since that seems to be everyone's main interest still. On the Delta by 4 or so the wind usually picks up and it's a good time for surfing or tubing. Not so great for wakeboarding. At least not the littles.

I'm going to get one last run in and give her a try...fire season is almost over, I can take 5 plus months off for a ACL....hell I'm even buying a wake skate this winter. I was also curios...anyone ever tried skate traction and shoes on a surfboard??? I have a old groundwater slash...May try it.

I have 2 skates I can bring to polar bear for you to try.

• 2 weeks later...

How could anyone even want to surf that perfect butter?

Surfers prefer the flat water like anybody else to get the perfect wave.  Let's hope its the last weekend everybody was out and time to start our late season sessions.  

So stoked that I just picked up a new board thanks to www.marine-products.com for a hell of a price.  Stoked to get on a continuous rocker after many years of 3 stage.

What's making you move to a continous rocker? Just trying something different, or?

Curious as I've found I ride much better and bigger on my continous board... Although specs say I should be able to go bigger on my 3-stage. Riding style I guess.

Move to continuous rocker?

I believe it's all in your riding style on which board you should ride.  I had a buddie that rocked the Gator Caddy and got to borrow it awhile back.  It was such a fun board and took some getting used to but then found I was rocking.  For the last few years I have been sponsored by Wakeology Wakeboards but we couldn't make an agreement once the OG of the company sold out.  So now working with Marine Products I decided it was time to give the AR1 a shot.  Proof that I still wakeboard, LOL...  I'm sure it will be a shit show first time out on it but I hope to get some pics.  Now just hope no surfers when the water is in the low 50's.

Here's the last continuous that I rode, can't wait to get this feeling back!