C'mon MB lets the the new B52 25 footer already!!

Birddog7.62

The F24 launch was a fiasco because they let pieces of info out too early. People filled in the blanks with a ton of speculation and hype. Unfortunately  the intro didn’t live up to the hype. Delays suck, but if only they know the schedule, then it’s not a delay to anybody else.  Patience is a virtue. 😂 

On 3/2/2022 at 12:14 PM, schill38 said:

I am willing to patient because it's the next boat I have my eye on and I don't want it to end up being the the F24 either!

after seeing the boat show prices on these new ones, Im glad we locked in when we did bro. Ive been happy with mine so far.  

The boat show prices are insane, they want 30K more for a 23 foot B52 Classic than I paid 2 years ago, maybe I'll pick up a used F24 and have you show me how to set it up right! The only time I have been on one the surf wave was lacking...

TBS has a couple right now (including Provo’s, who has a detailed write up on dialing in the wave - his boat is gorgeous and listed here too). 

I’ll post some wave videos once mines done getting finished up in at the dealership. Not sure how rates/economic issues will impact the boat market, but I could see prices softening and if I hadn’t locked in I’d probably roll the dice that supply rebounds and there’s downward price pressure in the next 6-9 months as things get choppy and manufacturers ramped up production comes online - but I’m guessing on all that and they could continue to increase. 

Whoa Birddog!  Where is all this false propaganda coming from with regard to the new F24 surf wave being trash? 

From the picture on your icon, it does not look like you own one of the new F24 Alphas?  If you did, and you had worked with any of those of us who do own the new 24 Alpha, we would have given you the set up that creates one of the biggest walls of water you will ever see.  It is true the F24 takes a little bit of fine tuning to get the wave correct (read placing the right number of lead weight bags in the right places throughout the boat), but once the fine tuning is complete the F24 creates a very nice surf wave.  It may not be out of the box ready for surfing like the B series boats, but F24 owners can nearly keep one of the 21's, or 22's in their storage lockers, and still have room for their gear.

After all that is said and done, I will declare right now, NONE of the other MB models will even come close to creating the perfect wakeboarding wake created by the F24 Alpha.  And that is right out of the box.  No massaging necessary.  That wake is quite simply jaw dropping!

So unless, and until, you have surfed behind a correctly tuned F24, please share what you know as far as the model you're most familiar with?

3 hours ago, ProvoMB52 said:

After all that is said and done, I will declare right now, NONE of the other MB models will even come close to creating the perfect wakeboarding wake created by the F24 Alpha.  And that is right out of the box.  No massaging necessary.  That wake is quite simply jaw dropping!

That's what I'm talking about! When are we going wakeboarding @jcole21 😁

I LOVE the look of the F24 and just how massive it is, strongly have considered it being my next boat. Like I mentioned earlier the one time I've surfed behind one it was just a stock set up, still a good wave but not a great one, maybe someone in UT will take me out in theirs that's set up right this summer!

Hey Birddog, I don't remember anyone wanting to change your mind. I know there are some MB owners who can't appreciate the look of the new Alphas.  That's fine, you don't have to. You own yours and appreciate it, and we'll own ours and appreciate them.  You're are certainly entitled to your opinion, but just because it's your opinion in no way raises your statement to the level of fact.

Sounds to me like you've been attending the Vladimir Putin school of misinformation?  When you say "nothing I've seen has even come close to changing my mind;" nothing in that statement indicates you've actually surfed behind a new F24 Alpha that is properly set up?  If we're expected to take you at your word, it's going to take time and place information.  Pics will be required, and video would be even better.  But again, you're also going to have to provide set up details so we can compare them against the known "dial ins" used by current F24 Alpha owners.

As for your statement concerning your perception of its "hideous looks," beauty lies in the eye of the owner/ operator.  Just so you know, I've owned both versions of multiple models of MB's.  I find both the Classics, as well as the Alphas, to be appealing in their own individual ways. 

And having owned both the Classic (2017), and Alpha (2021) models of the F24, as well as 2 versions of the 23' B52, I can state from experiential evidence, NONE of these boats produces a surf wave that would be recognized as "under performing." Not one.

Birddog ima let Provo politically and logically disagree with you… but for me…

let’s meet up somewhere out west (preferably az) to surf and then fight or do shots and become best friends. One of the two is where I go 😂.

and Ryan - I got you this summer. I got lead to dial in the surf wave and excited to see you and the girls on the wakeboard wave (with videos, of course).  Thruster going in and powdercoat running long, but a couple weeks out from being run-ready. Videos for the boys in April 👊🏼.

On 3/3/2022 at 3:35 PM, bloodiestcadaver said:

after seeing the boat show prices on these new ones, Im glad we locked in when we did bro. Ive been happy with mine so far.  

I agree , I'm glad I bought when I did. To be fair though, the 22 alphas have a few more features listed in the "boat show price"

a.Better interior speakers 

b.LED RGB lighting

c.The new dash

d.Ceramic Coating 

e.Some new exterior customizations 

f. I think the one that was 30k more than mine actually had a 440 instead of a 400

g. Three axle trailer (which is probably actually legal to tow the boat unlike the trailer that came with my 21). 

Not 30g's worth for sure, but not completely apples to apples. 

On 3/1/2022 at 1:34 PM, Birddog7.62 said:

almost bought another brand at the boatshow. I'm buying a 25 sooner than later. lets see it.

Just out of curiosity @Birddog7.62

If MB doesn't have a product ready in your timeline. what other brands are you looking at?

I was at my local boat show, and boy the Centurion Ri245 was looking sweet. The Supra SE looked great as well. 

3 hours ago, Guppydriver said:

If MB doesn't have a product ready in your timeline. what other brands are you looking at?

I was at my local boat show, and boy the Centurion Ri245 was looking sweet. The Supra SE looked great as well. 

For those price tags they should! 😂 

13 hours ago, Guppydriver said:

I crawled through the Ri245 and the Axis T250 on Sunday. I don't think I'll give up my MB just yet, but these boats are getting ridiculous! 

I just really hope MB puts a thruster option and a Raptor 450 option on the new 25' whenever it comes out. 

The 575 is too steep for me and I can't see going with a 25 footer without a thruster.  

I still think MB represents the best value in the industry, but they are not the "steal" they once were. They are going to have to try to keep up or at least be a step or so behind with other brands. Once you meet the threshold of these higher price points, if the competition offers substantially more, I see customers saying "eff it, not much difference between 150K and 180K, I'll get the latest and greatest".

8 hours ago, Guppydriver said:

I see customers saying "eff it, not much difference between 150K and 180K, I'll get the latest and greatest".

I laugh at this statement because it’s true these days. A few years ago the difference between $30k and $60k was big and the difference between $70k and $100 was monumental, but once 100 was put in front of them what’s another $30k…  to me it’s still THIRTY THOUSAND DOLLARS. I better get more than a thruster and a second screen on the dash. 😂 

On 3/15/2022 at 8:01 AM, Mikewoods said:

I crawled through the Ri245 and the Axis T250 on Sunday. I don't think I'll give up my MB just yet, but these boats are getting ridiculous! 

I love the size of the T250, but I will never get over that erector set POS tower that Axis uses. I think Axis is a great value brand, but they, like everyone. are getting pricey as well. 

Now the Ri245.. mercy. 

As far as premium brands go, I'm priced out of the market, even if rates stay low. To be honest, I'm probably priced out of the market with another MB at the rate things are going. TBS treating me fairly and very low rates last year allowed me to get into my Alpha and even then it was tight. 

I'll look at the 25" with thrusters when it comes out, but I think the more prudent option will be to just enjoy and be grateful for my Alpha that I have now. I do wish I would have gotten the 440 in hindsight, but we make it work.