Surf systems?

TomP

The big guy Mike B told me at the Sacramento show, It will be retrofit able. I also saw a video of it on a boat and a video of the wave. Both looked great. They are dealing with some legal issue and fine tuning it as we speak. I would imagine it will be on the 2015 later this year. I don't want to talk about what it looks like due to he probably doesn't have it patented yet. I will say, I will be getting it as soon as it comes out.

can u tell us if we are going to need additional ballast or not???

me personally. I would add extra ballast. The more weight the better the push. But don't overload your boat. I run the same system at metalfabguy. I will continue to run the same with the surf system. probably only fill both locker bags half full to start.

LOL, that's about as much weight as anybody runs in almost any boat right there Don.  Maybe save the Nautique G series, you are running probably the MOST weight of anybody with mfg's setup.  

(and if your wave is like his, it's money)

me personally. I would add extra ballast. The more weight the better the push. But don't overload your boat. I run the same system at metalfabguy. I will continue to run the same with the surf system. probably only fill both locker bags half full to start.

When do u think it will be available to the public. Will they run it on brand new boats before u can add it to say a 2013?

So what are you guys running? 750 or 1100 rear? I plan on plumbing the rear bags and over the side for the front. My wife what's the front for storage. I wonder about the Moomba system if you put to much weight the device wouldn't be as affective. What is the sweet spot?

I am running 1100# sacks.. Many of us on here are.

The main function of these systems or devices are to change the way the water flows around the hull and converges in the middle. By forcing the water further out on the non surf side you are delaying its convergence in the center in essence you are offsetting it to the non surf side. This allows the surf side to basically roll over easier creating a nice smooth surf wave. Listing the boat basically does the same thing as it unequalizes how the water comes around each side of the hull. The weight is needed to displace the water at the back of the hull to create the mass of the wave.. Basically the weight creates the wave and the device shapes it.

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking at buying a new boat and keen on one of the new surf systems particularly from a quick setup point of view I understand that listing the boat gives a better wave but the ease of use is what we are after. Has anybody got more information on MB's system yet I don't want to buy something else just to know I could have got a MB and fitted it either later or ordered one soon with it on.

Thanks

I'm all down for changing the game.  I wanna see it!!!! arghhhhhhhh!!!!

What I've gleaned so far....

automatic: means it will be controllable from the helm? Will there be a proprietary software control box?

not gates: something working more on the NSS/Moomba flow principle?

backwards compatible: MB will be selling this to owners of older boats (very interested to see how this goes down...)?

it works: photos and videos exist

release date: unknown