E61 GSA Surf System Controller Development Thread

dbrayton1

Here's a Q: if you have to adjust one of the turnbuckles to articulate the tip of the tab down a bit (awesome idea!), what does that do to the wakeboard wake? Does the tab drag in the water?

Nope, it all retracts nicely way out if the way. Also, the turnbuckle adjustment is done during setup. Once it is set to your boat you can leave it and just use the actuator control.

That's what I'm asking though.  If during setup you dial a turnbuckle all the way down, it's still out of the water when retracted for wakeboarding?

Yes, it's totally out of the water with the turnbuckle down when you retract the actuator.  I don't have a side profile pic, but the video I posted has the starboard side turnbuckle down fairly far.  You can see how it tucks in. I'll make a note to take a pic/video while underway when I go out next.  Hopefully next week if we get an OK weather day.

From Ryan's website...  

First, I couldn't hear the sound because I am at work. I will listen later at lunch. Second, where do I get these? I need them right now. Where's my drill? Third, when is version 2.0 coming out with another actuator to move the rear section? I know it must be in the works. Fourth, when are we going to start putting jet boat droop snoots on (we are getting closer and closer - not that it is a bad thing - so long as things are getting better) -

post-1164-0-64242700-1420227068_thumb.jpg

Good point Don.

I like the idea of the adjustable diverter flap but man those things are HUGE!!

post-1064-0-60134700-1420255763_thumb.jpg

I thought a fellow "hang shit from your boat" guy would be impressed with the size!  These things really have my attention....If they are followed up with a more extensive video on the F22 (paired with the un-touched wakeboard wake) I will start throwing money at my computer screen with excitement.  

Hey guys. Quick update. Holidays and weather slowed things down a bit. Ready to power through assembly of a few test boxes asap.

Btw - Ryan published some videos of his tabs (the ones on my boat), so I definitely need to get going on the controller ;-). See www.gosurfassist.com for more on the tabs.

Here is a video with my son testing the controller.

Surf Controller Test With Tabs 12/07/2014: http://youtu.be/2HQctB8U0Z8

What weight config is recommended?  

Hey guys. Quick update. Holidays and weather slowed things down a bit. Ready to power through assembly of a few test boxes asap.

Btw - Ryan published some videos of his tabs (the ones on my boat), so I definitely need to get going on the controller ;-). See www.gosurfassist.com for more on the tabs.

Here is a video with my son testing the controller.

Surf Controller Test With Tabs 12/07/2014: http://youtu.be/2HQctB8U0Z8

What weight config is recommended?

Need to get out and spend some quality alone time testing different weights to confidently recommend a setup. I am 100% convinced 1,100's are overkill. I think it will be somewhere between 400-750 in the corners and 1/3 of that in the bow.

attachicon.gifswitchblade_2.jpg

I thought a fellow "hang shit from your boat" guy would be impressed with the size! These things really have my attention....If they are followed up with a more extensive video on the F22 (paired with the un-touched wakeboard wake) I will start throwing money at my computer screen with excitement.

Holy jeezus what is that? An X80 with twin switchblades? Looks like a meat grinder under there. I would be scared to reach under there to pull the drain plug out lol

Need to get out and spend some quality alone time testing different weights to confidently recommend a setup. I am 100% convinced 1,100's are overkill. I think it will be somewhere between 400-750 in the corners and 1/3 of that in the bow.

Best set up f22

Full factory 500 in the corners done that's it ..... It is sick ....one of the best surf waves out here amazing push at the rear ... Haven't played with it that much really though I think we can make it better... Will see!

Best set up f22

Full factory 500 in the corners done that's it ..... It is sick ....one of the best surf waves out here amazing push at the rear ... Haven't played with it that much really though I think we can make it better... Will see!

Sweet, I may have to swap to 750s ha ha.....have you tried 1100 with a bit of bow?

I am curious how much of a difference the little diverted flaps make in the up vs down position (using the turnbuckles)

I could see them being more of an asset in the down position and not doing a whole lot in the up. And if that's the case it might make sense to fit the end of the actuator with some kind of "cam" over device so that when the actuator reaches it max stroke it forces the flap down I to position, eliminating the need for the turnbuckle.

I like the idea of the flap but I'm not digging the fact that you have to adjust it manually

Best set up f22

Let's see some pics/video Rino

switchblade_2.jpg

I thought a fellow "hang shit from your boat" guy would be impressed with the size! These things really have my attention....If they are followed up with a more extensive video on the F22 (paired with the un-touched wakeboard wake) I will start throwing money at my computer screen with excitement.

Holy jeezus what is that? An X80 with twin switchblades? Looks like a meat grinder under there. I would be scared to reach under there to pull the drain plug out lol

BWAHHAAAH !

Sent from my iPhone 6