2017 MB

If they use a cable that high of quality for the valves than they should be good.  With how little force there is to open and close those valves, I'm sure they are light weight cables.  Hopefully they are high quality light weight cables. I'm all for reliability so let's hope this is a great fix.  I had one valve fail this year so glad to hear they are at least addressing the issue.

I am surprised to see them go with cables in this day and age.  I would have been less surprised if they got rid of the steering cable and went "steer by wire".  It's just the direction everything is going with servos and sensors. 

+ 1 Not into the forward facing tower Every time we are surfing on my friends boat the rope is dangling in the middle of the boat or I hit my head on the speakers May not be a big deal to a lot of people with the rope in the middle of the boat hanging but every time kids on the boat want to play with it

Higher end valves were an option but cost was to expensive to justify Valves are being driven by zero friction cables which are best in industry. With higher end valves there was still customer failure so once again simplicity is good. When you see and use in person I promise you will love it

I'm waiting to see it for myself for sure. The cable itself isn't usually the issue. What valve are you using and how does the cable attach to it, that's where they fail. My assumption was if that's the route you went it was to keep costs down so an off the shelf part was used, which would have to be something from the RV world.

Hyperryd... What about when you forget to turn off the surf toggle and do 30 and rip off the plate... (FYI... Those of you who use "manual" tab over ride... I snapped an actuator doing that.. Spoke to Ryan at GSA and he thinks that the software didn't put the tabs back up once we took off across the lake... And Boom, broken actuator)

GSA tabs with the E61 controller don't fall off. Maybe MB should consider OEM'ing the complete system given it has safeguards and other automation, including center tab control.  ;-)  

Product names, does somepeteguy even understand them?

https://www.google.com/#q=zero+friction+cables

So sorry. I do not accept silly marketing terms/ product names as evidence of cables with zero friction. You certainly can accept that marketing pap but the fact remains that there is no such thing as zero friction cables ( if you understand physics).

Try again numpty?

pete - - think you missed the point... Patron can quote the brand without setting ridiculous expectations.

You don't expect Infinity Speakers to send sound across the entire galaxy do you?

Yet Mike did not quote the brand, as you did with Infinity Speakers. If he had, as in Zero Friction, that would have made sense.